Here at Wpfproperties Ltd we understand that buying a property may be the largest purchase you will ever make and that’s why we are ready to help you every step of the way.
The first step is to establish how much you can afford to pay for your new home, this can be done by speaking to an independent financial advisor or any reputable high street lender who will advise you how much you can borrow based on strict affordability checks and how much you have saved for a deposit.
Once you have that figure its is time to get looking for your new home, view as many as you can, you will know when it is the right one for you.
Tips when viewing :
- Draw up a list of all the features that really matter to you ie, location, gardens, parking, nice kitchen, number of bedrooms etc.
- View in daylight hours.
- Take someone with you.
- Go back and have another look.
- Ask questions ie how much is the council tax, what band etc.
- Don’t haggle with the vendor on the viewing.
- Don’t give out your telephone number.
- Don’t be worried about making an offer.
- Use the estate agent to submit your offer.
When you are making your offer we will need the following information :
- Personnel ID , copy of passport or photographic drivers licence plus a recent utility bill ( not mobile phone ).
- Details of how you intend to purchase the property, if with a mortgage we will need the contact details of your independent financial advisor or copy of a mortgage agreed in principle certificate. If buying cash we will require proof of funds, ie copy of a current bank statement.
- You will also have to provide contact details of which solicitor/conveyancer you intend to use to help with your purchase.
Once your offer has been accepted you are on your way to owning your own home, we will be there throughout the purchasing process right up to completion when you finally get your keys, we will try to ensure it is a smooth process.